Jurassic Park III opened on this date in 2001. The film was directed by Joe Johnston and starred Sam Neill, William H. Macy and Tea Leoni.
A mother and father have lost their son somewhere on the island of Isla Sorna. The island is inhabited by dinosaurs. The couple tricks Dr. Alan Grant to come to the island with them to rescue their son.
- There are a few successful comedic moments in JP3.
- Some of the Raptor scenes are exciting and chilling at moments.
- It’s nice to see Sam Neill and Laura Dern return to the franchise after not being a part of the second Jurassic film.
- Jurassic Park III looks extremely cheap and quickly made. The special effects are definitely the weakest of the franchise. The dinosaurs often look laughably cartoonish.
- The characters, besides Grant (Sam Neill) and Ellie (Dern), are uninteresting and boring.
- The film is filled with ridiculous moments. Jurassic Park III is definitely the silliest film in the series.
- There is almost no plot or story for Jurassic Park III. The script offers no ideas or anything thought provoking.
- The ending of the film is incredibly stupid and lazy.
Jurassic Park III is by far the weakest film in the franchise. The effects, action and story are all major steps down from the first two films. Jurassic Park III is a boring mess and an embarrassing entry in the series.