Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is now in theaters! The Jurassic World sequel is directed by J.A. Bayona and stars Chris Pratt & Bryce Dallas Howard.
The dinosaurs that remain on Isla Nublar are about to go instinct when a volcano is preparing to erupt and destroy everything. Owen and Claire return to the island with a covert mercenary team to help rescue the dinosaurs. When the team betrays Owen and Claire, they quickly learn that the dinosaurs are going to be used for something nefarious.
- Fallen Kingdom offers a lot of fun and exciting moments. Especially all the scenes that take place on the island with the volcano.
- Pratt and Howard have good chemistry and both are extremely likable in the franchise.
- Fallen Kingdom is unlike any other Jurassic film. The filmmakers really tried to make something different and unique for the franchise.
- There are times when the dinosaurs look extremely cartoonish. The CGI’s quality isn’t consistent. Sometimes it’s adequate and sometimes it is shockingly weak.
- Pratt and Howard are likable, but they aren’t given much to do. There is very little character development for either of them. They don’t do much more than run from dinosaurs the whole film.
- The film is a fun ride overall. But, the script, story and action is a major step down from the original Jurassic Park. There is very little substance to the film.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is a fun summer film. The problem is you expect more than just a fun film from the Jurassic franchise. There is no depth to it and it relies heavily on spectacle and action. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom offers nothing more than a good time at the movie theater and there is nothing wrong with that.