Jurassic World opened on this date in 2015. The fourth Jurassic film was directed by Colin Trevorrow and starred Chris Pratt & Bryce Dallas Howard.
Decades after the events of the first Jurassic Park film, another park is being built at the same location. In an effort to make the Park “cooler,” a genetically modified dinosaur is created. When the dinosaur escapes, everyone on the island is once again in grave danger.
- Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are both likeable and have good chemistry in the film. Most of the supporting cast is also engaging, and you do care about them.
- The action scenes are well choreographed and staged.
- The film does an excellent job of capturing the nostalgia the audience has for the original film. There are several moments in Jurassic Worldthat remind the viewer why they love the franchise.
- The CGI is shockingly unconvincing at times. The dinosaurs in 1993’s Jurassic Park are far more realistic looking than they are in 2015’s Jurassic World.
- Pratt and Howard have good chemistry, but their roles and relationship is very cliché.
Jurassic World’s biggest sin is that it isn’t in the same league as the original Jurassic Park. That is an unfair criticism in a lot of ways, but things like a much weaker script and special effects could have been avoided. Jurassic World is a lot of fun and features more than a few exciting moments. If you avoid comparing it to Jurassic Park, which may be impossible, you will have a lot of fun with the fourth Jurassic film.